Vienna Ensemble Pro has become the definitive cross-platform network solution in studios and production facilities around the world. This mixing and hosting application enables you to set up a multiple computer network with both Macs and PCs without the need for extra MIDI and audio interfaces – all you need is a simple Ethernet cable! Even when you’re using only one computer, Vienna Ensemble Pro improves your work-flow dramatically, with unique functions such as “Preserve” that keeps all your plug-ins and samples loaded while switching from one project to another – a huge time saver!
Of course Vienna Ensemble Pro supports Vienna Instruments, but you may also integrate all of your third-party 64-bit and 32-bit VST/AU instruments and effects plug-ins (such as Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Waves, you name it) and mix them in stereo and surround (up to 7.1), with full parameter automation and optional one-click integration with Vienna MIR Pro. What’s more, with the included Epic Orchestra Sample Pack you get a powerful all-in-one production tool to get you started right away!
Vienna Ensemble Pro 6 is the latest version and comes with a wealth of new features and performance improvements. Please find an overview of all the key features and versions under the Product Comparison menu.
- Retina (HiDPI) graphics support on both Mac and PCs
- Tabbed instances – Improved organization with one common window for all instances, with detachable instances, re-ordering of instances, and tab-coloring for better identification
- Frozen/Disabled channels allow unloading all plug-ins (including their allocated memory) from a selected channel, while keeping data intact
- Intelligent auto-save functionality – Auto-saves project in desired intervals, but only when transport is stopped, so it doesn’t interrupt a playing session. Easily recover projects in the event of a crash.
- VCA folders let you organize your channels conveniently with folders and subfolders that are easy to color-code
- VST hosting on the Mac, allowing for full compatibility with Windows
- Channel grouping allows assigning channels to a group, with option to link selected parameters to the entire group
- “Raise Instance” is now a Vienna Ensemble Pro plug-in parameter to enable automation/hardware controller assignment for quick instance access
- “Auto Raise Instance” option raises the connected Vienna Ensemble Pro instance automatically when you show the Vienna Ensemble Pro plug-in
- New code base for about 70% less CPU usage for all internal Vienna Ensemble Pro calculations
- Rewritten user interface code resulting in 80% less CPU usage for graphics
- Improved multi-threading performance for increased plug-in hosting capacity
- Redesigned, resizable plug-in window and Audio/Event Input Plug-in
- Faster connection/disconnection times when switching between projects
- Unified channel model – No more need to create different channels for Vienna Instruments or 3rd party plug-ins. Every channel now has the capability to be a bus, audio input, plug-in channel, Vienna Instruments, Vienna Instruments Pro or Vienna Imperial channel. Drag & drop plug-ins to any channel.
- In combination with Vienna MIR Pro: Impulse response files loading up to 5 times faster, improved graphical performance (especially under OS X).
- Mixer Interface Customization allows turning on or off sections in the mixer to suit your needs
- Transmission of all keys to host – Shortcuts not in use by Vienna Ensemble Pro will be transferred to a connected DAW
- Miniature view – Channel strips can now be further collapsed
- Faster plug-in scanning
- Many more usability improvements throughout the application
Vienna Ensemble Pro comes with 3 licenses for setting up a multi-computer network. One license of the Epic Orchestra sample pack is included as well. Please note that you will not receive an additional license for Epic Orchestra when purchasing the upgrade!
Don’t miss the new Vienna Ensemble Pro videos!